Thursday, August 16, 2012

Backpacker's Pantry Cheesecake


A lot of people wonder if the freeze dried desserts are any good.  I know, because other shoppers have come up to me at the sporting goods store, asking if I've tried them.

I can't vouch for all of them, but I can say the Backpacker's Pantry Cheesecake is very good.

It is easy to prepare:  just mix contents with hot water and wait a few minutes.

I know it says "Cheesecake" but don't expect a New York style cheesecake from a five star restaurant.  It is more like the no-bake "cheese pie"type dessert, or like a pudding.  Once you accept that, you will find it's pretty tasty.

It it sweet and nicely flavored, with a creamy consistency.  The kids liked it and asked for seconds.
And that is a good recommendation right there.


No comments:

Post a Comment