Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Under the Bed Harvest Food Rotation System

I tried the Shelf Reliance Under the Bed Food Rotation System, hoping to add more storage space.

Here are the parts that came with it:



I laid it all out, got a few tools and set out to assemble it.

Two hours later I was still assembling.

The parts do not fit well together, and just when you think they will stay up, the whole thing falls apart.   I don't think I am totally clueless about building things-assembling bookshelves, cribs, futons etc.  The issue was the holes do no line up properly with the other parts.



When I finally got the shelf assembled, I found out it does not fit well under our bed.  Once assembled, it is 14 inches high.  The shelf is way too tall and I would have to elevate the bed several more inches.  In all fairness the height is specified in the Shelf Reliance website; my fault for not pre-measuring my under the bed space. 

Lesson learned:  Always measure your space before acquiring any new items.  As far as recommending this product, I give it a 2.5 out of 5 stars, due to the difficulty of assembly.




No comments:

Post a Comment