Saturday, August 25, 2012

Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Knife



Everyone should own a good knife but choosing one can be tricky.

I originally was not going to look at this knife.  I was skeptical about it, especially since it had a celebrity endorsement by Bear Grylls. 

But after reading a lot of forums and reviews, I changed my mind and decided to try it.

I was not disappointed.  It is very light weight and fits perfectly in my palm.  I also like the hand grip, as it is molded and non-slip.  It also comes with a nylon sheath, sharpener, as well as a firestarter, so you get extra value for your money.

If you are interested, here are some more specs:
  • 10 inches in length from end to tip
  • Blade Length is 4.75 inches
  • Weighs 11.2 ounces alone, 14.72 ounces with sheath
As far as field testing it, we took it camping and I used it to cut twigs and whittle wood and it performed well.  The easy non-slip grip made it easy to use.
 
I have bought other knives before, that didn't work out so I gave them to other family members who needed a knife. Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Knife is a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment