Saturday, November 10, 2012

Don't be Afraid to Try Powdered Milk


One of the items I had never tried before storing food is powdered milk.  I just was not sure how it was going to turn out.  I bought the smallest one I could find to first try it out.

I was running out of regular milk anyway, so I thought I'd give it a try.  The instructions say you need to first add warm water to the container, then add the milk.  You should not add milk to the water because it will clump up.  You definitely don't want clumps of powder in your milk.

How to mix powdered milk:

1.  Heat up two cups of water in the microwave for a minute.

2.  Add the warm water to 1 1/2 cups of room temperature water.

3.  Add 13 tablespoons of powdered milk.

4.  Shake up the container to mix well.  Make sure no dry powder is left.



I tasted the milk expecting it to taste bad.  I was surprised!  I actually tastes pretty good.  Chill it in the fridge and it tastes even better.  I also tried it with coffee and hot coco and you cannot tell the difference.  DH and the kids could not taste the difference either. 


I am going to keep using the powdered milk.  Try it out, you may be surprised too.  Powdered milk is good to have as part of your storage food pantry.




No comments:

Post a Comment