Here is a product that can be used for emergencies when there is no toilet. It is for liquid waste only, but can be a lifesaver even on long car rides when kids really need to go " #1" I ordered it from Amazon where TravelJohn has following product description:
- Convenient, unisex, sanitary personal urinals containing patented Liqsorb material
- Ideal for motion sickness, potty training, car travel, outdoor activities, and bathroom emergencies of all types
- Biodegradable pouch filled with unique polymer substance which absorbs liquid waste and turns it into odorless, spill-proof gel
- Nontoxic and waste disposal safe; unisex adapter and spill guard make it easy for anyone to use
- Each bag measures two by two by 2.5 inches (W x H x D) folded, and five by 11 inches (W x H) unfolded, and weighs 1.5 ounces before use
Does it work?
We took this camping last summer for those dark nights when you really don't want to set foot outside the tent at 2 am. You just take out of the packaging, unravel i and go. You will need to position it so it is right underneath. The gel quickly absorbs all the liquid so there is no threat of spilling (unless you completely missed it- with this you have to be careful) They work very well.
It would be a good idea to have these in case of short term emergencies and there is no water to flush the toilet. Of course you would also need heavy garbage bags or they will pile up. They are great for camping and for long car rides when there is no place to stop. I am going to resupply and get some more TravelJohns.